12/6/2012 [Audio & Video]
The AVENTAGE line, first introduced last year and winning an excellent reputation, now has a new Series that includes four models offering superb sound quality, a very dignified design, compatibility with the latest network trends and Yamaha’s original surround sound technology.
Rellingen, July 12th 2012 - Yamaha Music Europe is proud to introduce the new AVENTAGE Series of high–performance AV receivers.
Yamaha Corporation announced that it has introduced four models in its AVENTAGE Series of high performance AV receivers. The RX-A3020, RX-A2020, RX-A1020 and RX-A820 mark a return to the roots of true high performance audio while also adopting the latest technologies, enhancing the user interface and ensuring custom installation flexibility. Employing Yamaha’s exclusive CINEMA DSP HD3 and CINEMA DSP 3D surround sound technologies, these receivers produce incredibly dense and expansive sound fields with unprecedented imaging accuracy. They also offer many advanced technologies and functions, including Anti Resonance Technology (which provides a fifth foot in the center of the unit), an aluminum front panel, Multi-point YPAO-R.S.C., extensive network functions such as AirPlay, an AV Controller app and an advanced multi-language GUI. See below for model and feature details.
- Optimum Audio Quality Design Concept
- Dynamic, Realistic CINEMA DSP Surround Sound
- YPAO for Professional Grade Automatic Acoustic Calibration
- Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for natural dialogue and vocals
- Wireless music playback via AirPlay from iPod/iPhone/iPad
- AV Controller App for iPhone, iPad, Android phone and Android tablet.
- 4K pass-through and 4K upscaling function for next generation super high resolution images
- ECO mode lowers power consumption by 20%
- Designed for Custom Installation Applications
Highest Levels of Audio Performance
1.Optimum Audio Quality Design Concept
The AVENTAGE line of high-performance AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of “uncompromising excellence.” By combining traditional and innovative technologies, and including outstanding features such as Anti Resonance Technology (A.R.T. Wedge), aluminum front panel, highest quality parts and a rigid chassis (RX-A3020 and RX-A2020 have an H-shaped cross member frame), every factor that affects sound quality is optimized for superb musical performance.
Yamaha Original Sound Technology
2. Dynamic, Realistic CINEMA DSP Surround Sound
The RX-A3020 features Yamaha’s incredible CINEMA DSP HD3, which literally takes the surround sound experience to new heights, using two CINEMA DSP engines and the extra channels to create higher and wider sound fields. The other models provide CINEMA DSP 3D processing for dense surround sound fields with extremely high sound clarity.
3. YPAO for Automatic Professional Grade Acoustic Calibration
Multi-point YPAO analyzes room acoustics, then precisely calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of several listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. The RX-A3020 and RX-A2020 use a new microphone that provides more precise measurements.
YPAO R.S.C. with multi-point measurement: RX-A2020/A1020/A820
YPAO R.S.C. with multi-point and angle measurements: RX-A3020
4. Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for Natural Dialogue and Vocals
Dialogue Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Newly developed virtual dialogue lift achieves dialogue lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialogue Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialogue and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening.
5. Wireless Music Playback via AirPlay from iPod/iPhone/iPad
The AirPlay function wirelessly streams music stored in iPod touch, iPhone or iPad as well as iTunes in Macs or PCs. This makes it very convenient to enjoy music from these sources on a home theater system. In addition, the AV receiver shows song titles, artist names etc on the on-screen display. Other network functions include support for DLNA and Internet Radio streaming.
6. AV Controller App Makes Using Your Yamaha AV Receiver Easier and More Fun
Using your smartphone or tablet, you simply flick and tap to operate various functions. You can turn the power on and off, select input sources, adjust the volume and even control a Yamaha Blu-ray Disc player. The Music Play function sends music stored on your iOS device or Android device to the receiver. A tablet version is also available.
Expandability and ECO Design
7. 4K Pass-through and 4K Upscaling for Next-Generation Super High Resolution Images
These receivers provide HDMI input/output that can handle 4K video image pass-through. They also have a 4K upscaling function that brings both standard and high def quality video to super high resolution (four times 1080p resolution).
8. ECO mode lowers power consumption by 20%*
Yamaha’s new ECO mode reduces power consumption by about 20%. It can be set easily from the top of the GUI/OSD menu. There is also an Auto Power Down function that can be set for 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.
* Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- iPod, iPhone, iPad and iTunes App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Other company and product names may be trademarks of Yamaha Corporation and their respective owners.
Link to product pages
Read more about the new AVENTAGE series.
About Yamaha Corporation
Since its founding in 1887, the Yamaha Group has developed its business activities focusing on musical instruments, audio products, Yamaha music schools, and other products and services related to sound and music. We are pleased, indeed, that Yamaha touches on the lives of and brings joy to so many people around the world.
For more information, please visit: http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/